About the Role:
We are looking for a hands on experienced operations leader who has been there, done that to oversee our organization’s fast-paced manufacturing and operations function.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be part of the key leadership team of the organization and responsible for the efficiency of business.You will be driving the team to achieve the dream of producing and delivering super innovative, new age products.
Our markets are competitive and require a cost conscious attitude supported by a detailed understanding of supply chain, process costs and all the factors that drive both costs and profitability. The goal is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
You will have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics and great experience we’d like to meet you.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Below is a brief snapshot of the role that you would be handling-
- Engineering to manufacturing operational process ownership and leadership
- Quality ownership
- Cost leadership
- Production ramp
- Supply chain
- After sales service
- Customer support
Your role would entail delivering innovations that come out of our R&D to the world and would encompass the following-
1) Engineering to manufacturing ownership and leadership
- Develop and maintain quality focused operations which produce product on time, within budget as needed to satisfy customer demands.
- Own all the quality and cost for manufacturing
2) Quality Ownership
- Ensure world class quality assurance and control processes to build quality into operations while minimizing errors.
- Responsible for overall quality of the product manufacturing
3) Supply chain
Leading,strategizing and overseeing the Supply chain function end to end.
Logistics, distribution and warehousing-
- Responsible for delivering excellence on supply chain
- Responsible for getting the automation/systems in place for managing the records and inventory products, parts and shipments.
- Guiding the team for effective warehousing, storage and transportation solutions to ensure the cost quality and time for the shipped products.
- Lead and oversee the procurement function for cost competitive pricing with assured access to parts as needed.
- Evaluate and adjust purchasing strategies, supply chain and vendor management (strategic sourcing) to maximize Zimplistic’s investment in goods and services.
4) After sales service & Reverse logistics-
- Own & lead the reverse logistics & after sales support strategy and plan or Rotimatic.
- Direct the team to have sustainable reverse logistics strategy for Rotimatic across geographies.
5) Customer Support -
Develop world-class customer support to ensure customer delight in the growing digital and ecommerce environment
6) Other Strategic Initiatives-
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Ensure that business operations are efficient and effective to serve the cost
- quality and time function for Zimplistic
- Responsible for the development, design, operation, and improvement of the systems & processes that create and deliver our products
- Master’s degree in business or relevant field
- 15+ years of full-time experience leading a diverse group of functions for a new-age organisation.
- Previous experience as Director/VP preferred.
- A penchant for being proactive and a “sensible risk taker” with an intelligent point of view.
- Ability to design and deliver an agile organizational structure that enables the movement of people and resources quickly to capture new market opportunities.
- Ability to anticipate and plan for changes to current organizational policies, practices, systems, etc. needed to move in new strategic directions and to ensure long-term business viability.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities